With the Annual Meeting going virtual this year, the Education Committee under the leadership of Valerae Lewis, MD was busy creating a webinar series for membership. There will be a series of 6 webinars over the next year - the second webinar will take place on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 and focusing on Superficial Soft Cell Spreading Tumors and Tumor Defects. Registration is free to members and non-members can register for $10.
Future webinar topics include:
- Oncology Burnout and Physician Burnout
- Non-traditional Adjuvant Therapies for Cancer Patients
- Balancing It All
- Computer Assisted Surgical Planning for Tumor Resection
Registration details for future webinars will be forthcoming. The webinar series has been exclusively supported by Stryker. Thank you for their support!
View the recording from the first webinar - Barriers to Care Caused by Covid-19
Learning Objectives for webinar series:
- Understand barriers to patient care caused by COVID-19
- Increase understanding of superficial soft cell spreading tumors and tumor defects
- Increase awareness of physician burnout
- Review non-traditional adjuvant therapies for cancer patients
- Review ways to effectively balance research and practice
- Understand the use of computer assisted surgical planning for tumor resection
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.